When you open any component, the first page shown is the Component Information, which includes the metadata and the assets.
The metadata you can modify includes the following fields:
- Name: The component's name.
- Manufacturer: The manufacturer or vendor who made the real component.
- Model: Specific product information, such as it's unique model id.
- E-class: E-class ID, according to the official standard.
- Keywords: Keywords used for classification or categories.
- Description: General information about the component and it's ports/variables.
Once you are ready modifying the metadata, click on the Save button.
Assets are elements that we want to include within our components. They could provide extra information about it, like for example a pdf with intructions or a showcase video, or they could be used for building the components, such as scripts, 3d models, textures etc.
To include assets in your component, click on the Add Asset button, located at the top-right corner.
After selecting the file you want to upload, it will show up in the list:
Assets can be renamed by pressing the pen icon. Pick a name for the asset and click on OK.
Assets can be downloaded by pressing the icon showed in the image below.
The asset file can be replaced by pressing the upload icon and selecting the new file.
To remove an asset, press the delete icon. A confirmation window will be shown before deleting.